Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Searching for the 'Standard 10'

Recently I had the chance to set a ten-part reading curriculum-of-sorts for an eager friend. I chose 10 articles/readings that I thought would help them along. But it's now got me thinking about what my 'Standard 10' might look like. That is, if I had the chance to get keen-beans at Crossroads reading 10 'set readings', what would they be?

Here's the ten that I set (and please note, I tailored it to the individual):
  1. 'Atonement' by Leon Morris, in the New Bible Dictionary
  2. The discussion on John 17:1-5 in Don Carson's Pillar John Commentary
  3. 'Biblical Theology' by Brian Rosner, in the New Dictionary of Biblical Theology
  4. Paul's Letter to the Romans - from the Bible, I mean!
  5. 'The Natural Ethic' by Oliver O'Donovan
  6. 'Baptism' by J D G Dunn, in the New Bible Dictionary
  7. 'The Natural State of Fallen Man' a section of Robert Reymond's A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith (450-58)
  8. Joined Up Life by Andrew Cameron (just start reading it)
  9. Joined Up Life (contd)
  10. Joined Up Life (contd)
I reckon I'd keep 1-5 and 7 if I were making a Standard 10.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment